Call us for your local stockist & trade enquiries
01686 668 933
You can BUY our bottled beers online from
Dark, Rich, Smooth Stout
Available in casks, poly pins & as 500ml bottle conditioned beer.
Go on, treat yourself...
Feeling indulgent? Try a glass of Midnight with rich chocolate truffles, dark fruity puddings or a slice of Bara Brith.
Winner of 2 Great Taste Stars,
SIBA & CAMRA awards.
Buy bottles of Monty's Midnight
All our online sales are handled by the excellent team at Best Of British Beer.
We're proud to have them as our official online partner, where you can purchase bottles or cases of Monty's Midnight and our other beers.
They provide full UK & European delivery options.
Braised Welsh Black Beef in Monty’s Midnight stout with Rarebit Croutons
This is a hearty dish made special with the addition of rarebit croutons.
Serves: 4 / Prep: 15 minutes / Cooking Time: 3 hours
• 1kg Welsh Black Beef braising steak cut into thin slices
• 3 tablespoons oil
• 2 medium onions thinly sliced
• 4 cloves garlic crushed
• 300g carrots, cut into batons
• 50g flour
• 2 teaspoons dry mustard
• 1 bay leaf
• 440ml Monty’s Brewery – Midnight stout
• 300ml beef stock or water
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 12 slices French bread or Ciabatta
• 60g Cheddar cheese
• Preheat the oven to gas mark 2 / 150°C / 300°F.
• Mix the mustard and flour together and then coat the beef with it. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and cook the onions for about 5 mins, stir in the carrots and cook for another 5 mins.
• Place the vegetables in a casserole.
• Add the remaining oil to the pan and brown the meat, then add to the casserole.
• De-glaze the pan with the beer scraping all the sediment off the bottom and pour over the meat along with the stock, bay leaf, sugar and seasoning. Cover and cook in the oven for 2½ - 3 hours.
• Preheat the grill, toast the bread on one side then sprinkle the other side with the cheese and grill until the cheese begins to melt and bubbles.
• Once the casserole is cooked place the rarebit croutons on top of the meat and serve immediately.
The Monty's Brewery Tap
Situated in Newtown, Powys, The Sportsman was winner of Montgomeryshire CAMRA Pub of the Year 2014.
Visit www.hophouseinns.co.uk for info.
Our NEW Visitor Centre
We recently acquired ownership of The Cottage in Montgomery.
This has become our new visitor centre, tasting room & brewery shop.
Click here to learn more!
Come and see our pilot plant at our visitor centre, where you can watch our brewers creating unique, one off brews; which you can then purchase at the bar!
Click here to learn more!