Call us for your local stockist & trade enquiries
01686 668 933
You can BUY our bottled beers online from
Mischief - it lives up to its name...
For a 5% ale this brew is remarkably drinkable but still carries all the flavour and body that you'd expect from a stronger pint.
Available in casks, poly pins & as 500ml bottle conditioned beer.
Buy bottles of Monty's Mischief
All our online sales are handled by the excellent team at Best Of British Beer.
We're proud to have them as our official online partner, where you can purchase bottles or cases of Monty's Mischief and our other beers.
They provide full UK & European delivery options.
The Cyclops Scheme
Cyclops Beer is a way of describing beer so that you can find out quickly and easily what a beer will look, smell and taste like.
It tells you whether a beer is hoppy or sweet and helps you to discover what you like and what you don't, so that choosing a beer becomes easier in the future.
Over 1500 beers have been Cyclopsed and the Cyclops scheme is now becoming widely used in pubs so please look out for it. You can visit their website to find out more.
For more info please visit www.cyclopsbeer.co.uk
Winner of a Great Taste Gold Star in 2012.
Brill and Chips with Pea Dip & Monty's Mischief
A flat fish with a succulent, slightly sweet flesh which is ideal for this recipe.
Serves: 4 / Prep: 20 minutes / Cooking Time: 20 minutes
• 1 Brill, filleted, skinned and cut into fingers
• 150g plain flour
• 200ml Monty’s Brewery - Mischief ale (or sparkling water)
• Sunflower oil for frying
• 300g frozen peas
• Sprig of mint, leaves removed
• Knob of butter
• Sea salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tbsp Crème fraîche
• 4 large Rudolph potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
• 1-2 tbsp rapeseed oil
• Heat the sunflower oil in a large pan. Meanwhile place the flour in a large mixing bowl and season with the Sea Salt. Add the beer or water and mix well until you have a smooth batter, it should be the consistency of double cream.
• Coat the fish in the batter and cook in the hot oil until golden and crisp. Be careful not to over crowd the pan. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Keep warm.
• Cook the peas and mint leaves in boiling water for 2 minutes and drain. Add a knob of butter and season well. Blend to a smooth puree and stir in the crème fraîche.
• Serve with the potato wedges which have been coated in the rapeseed oil and roasted in a moderate oven for 20-25 minutes.
The Monty's Brewery Tap
Situated in Newtown, Powys, The Sportsman was winner of Montgomeryshire CAMRA Pub of the Year 2014.
Visit www.hophouseinns.co.uk for info.
Our NEW Visitor Centre
We recently acquired ownership of The Cottage in Montgomery.
This has become our new visitor centre, tasting room & brewery shop.
Click here to learn more!
Come and see our pilot plant at our visitor centre, where you can watch our brewers creating unique, one off brews; which you can then purchase at the bar!
Click here to learn more!