Call us for your local stockist & trade enquiries
01686 668 933
You can BUY our bottled beers online from
The Cyclops Scheme
Cyclops Beer is a way of describing beer so that you can find out quickly and easily what a beer will look, smell and taste like.
It tells you whether a beer is hoppy or sweet and helps you to discover what you like and what you don't, so that choosing a beer becomes easier in the future.
Over 1500 beers have been Cyclopsed and the Cyclops scheme is now becoming widely used in pubs so please look out for it. You can visit their website to find out more.
For more info please visit www.cyclopsbeer.co.uk
Available in casks, poly pins & as 500ml bottle conditioned beer.
"It's just like a glass of summer, all year round."
This is a beer with enough hit and drive to work with spicy foods, strong cheeses or even a great steak.
Buy bottles of Monty's Sunshine
All our online sales are handled by the excellent team at Best Of British Beer.
We're proud to have them as our official online partner, where you can purchase bottles or cases of Monty's Sunshine and our other beers.
They provide full UK & European delivery options.
Winner of 2 Great Taste Gold Stars,
SIBA & CAMRA awards.
What the critics think of Monty's Sunshine.
Mushroom Rarebit cooked with Monty's Sunshine
An ideal starter! Prepare the rarebit mixture in advance and chill until required.
Serves: 4 / Prep: 15 minutes / Cooking Time: 20 minutes
• 4 large mushrooms
• 6 tbsp olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 30g butter
• 30g plain flour
• 200ml milk
• 100g cheddar cheese
• 100ml Monty’s Brewery – Sunshine beer
• 2tsp mustard powder
• Salt and pepper
• Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6.
• Prepare the mushrooms, wipe with damp kitchen towel and remove the centre stalk. Place the mushrooms, olive oil and garlic in an oven proof dish and leave to marinade for 30 minutes.
• Make a roux with the flour and butter and cook over a low heat for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and whisk in the milk and beer – Monty’s Brewery. Stir over a low heat until mixture reaches boiling point, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
• Add the mustard and most of the cheese and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
• Meanwhile roast the mushrooms for about 10 minutes until beginning to soften. Remove from the oven and top with the rarebit topping, sprinkling over the remaining cheese.
• Heat the grill to medium setting and grill until golden brown. Serve with a dressed rocket salad.
The Monty's Brewery Tap
Situated in Newtown, Powys, The Sportsman was winner of Montgomeryshire CAMRA Pub of the Year 2014.
Visit www.hophouseinns.co.uk for info.
Our NEW Visitor Centre
We recently acquired ownership of The Cottage in Montgomery.
This has become our new visitor centre, tasting room & brewery shop.
Click here to learn more!
Come and see our pilot plant at our visitor centre, where you can watch our brewers creating unique, one off brews; which you can then purchase at the bar!
Click here to learn more!